This year due to the Covid-19 pandemic Good Things Foundation has been unable to run a number of the face-to-face events we would normally provide for our community partners. As an alternative, we have offered five 'Virtual Meet Up' knowledge sharing sessions so far since March which were attended by a variety of members who came together to network and support each other.
Due to the popularity of these we've now planned more sessions, expanding them to include a training workshop as well as the facilitated best practice and knowledge sharing session. The next session will take place on Wednesday 25th November, 3pm to 5pm. The topics for the workshops are remote delivery or bid writing, you can choose which one you would like to attend.
Topics covered in the workshops:
- Discuss processes and techniques to support tutors, volunteers and service users remotely
- Discuss supporting community partners to fulfill contracts when working remotely
- Sharing experiences and best practise ideas with the group
- Key elements in quality bids
- Demonstrating an ability to deliver quality projects
- Bidding for grants and for contracts (similarities and differences)
- Challenging questions in applications and tender documents
- Style challenges: writing to persuade funders to support your project