If you can provide computer and internet access and friendly support to help at least three learners a month, then you can become a member of the Online Centres Network.
Network members have access to learner management information, opportunities to connect to similar organisations across the country and much more.
How to join the networkTo be eligible to join the Online Centres Network you’ll need to:
- Provide free or low-cost access to the internet
- Be able to provide friendly support to help people use the internet
- Commit to helping at least three new learners per month
If you match the above criteria, you’ll need to follow a two-step process:
- Register on this website, or if you already have an account, log in here.
- Fill out our Online Centres Network application form below.
Once you’ve registered your interest in joining the network, one of our team will give you a call within 3 days to discuss the next stages and confirm your membership.
We’ll call around a month after this first induction call to see how you're getting along and stay in close contact for the first few months as you become established as an Online Centres Network member. This will include support calls to answer any questions you may have and to make sure you receive a marketing pack to get you started.
Online Centres Network quality promise
The Online Centres Network quality promise is simple. It asks that every member of the Network follows seven simple promises to help every person who comes through the door to get online. These promises are:
- Every new learner is given a friendly welcome
- Every learner is offered a safe place to learn
- Every learner is treated fairly and with respect
- Every learner is given help and support to use computers and to gain basic digital skills
- Every learner is provided with free or low-cost internet access
- Every learner is provided with a clear learner journey so they know what skills they are going to be taught
- Every learner is given advice on what to do next, including being signposted to progression opportunities outside of your centre