This training will be delivered through four 1-hour webinars and is ideal for people who:
- want to develop their facilitation or mentoring skills
- are thinking of moving into teaching adults and want to know whether it’s for them
- are already teaching informal courses but want to share ideas and good practice.
The teaching methods on this course will include discussions, quizzes, presentations and games. The atmosphere is informal and relaxed. No previous knowledge is assumed, but people are encouraged to share their experiences.
Session 1: Teaching skills
- Encouraging adults back into learning
- Meeting diverse needs
- Promoting equality and inclusion
Session 2: Theories of learning
- How adults learn
- Different learning styles
- How we can cater to different learning styles and needs in group work
Session 3: Teaching strategies
- Setting ground rules
- Planning sessions
- Different teaching methods
Session 4: Assessing learning
- Why do we need to know that learning has taken place?
- Informally assessing learning
- Giving constructive feedback
We understand that only some of these sessions might be relevant to you or you might not be able to make every webinar slot. Therefore it's not essential to attend all webinars as part of this four-week course, but the recordings will be made available afterwards.
This training will begin on Tuesday 24th January with the first webinar. The next three will follow on Tuesday 31st January, Tuesday 7th February and Tuesday 14th February. All webinars will take place from 10-11am.
You can register for your chosen webinars by clicking the links below: